Thursday 4 January 2018

Top 10 posts of 2017


Now in the third year of my blog and things have only got more honest as I continue to share the revelation I have received my journey into sexual wholeness and to my true identity as a child of God and how that works out in my roles as a godly husband and father.

I can only continue to express my gratitude for those who handle my vulnerable posts with care and give me encouraging feedback and messages of support. Thank you so much.

So in order from least to most views here are the top ten posts of the year:

10. Finding God in the darkness (godly worship)


This vulnerable post spoke of a period of depression I went through, how I sought to worship God in the midst of it and how He brought me through. (124 views)

9. A brief history of Christian sexuality (godly sexuality)


Despite not being written in the last year, organic search traffic has led to this entry into the top 10. It's a very quick overview of how we have got mixed up, particularly in appreciating the goodness of our god given sexuality. (124 views)

8. Male and Female: transcendence and immanence (godly sexuality)

 
This post looks at how God designed male and female to embody his polar characteristics of (masculine) transcendence and (feminine) immanence. So that together male and female give the full image of God. (173 views)

7. Christ, the Church and Charlottesville


A topical post that sought to expose the lies that are being used to divide us and God given answers for unity. (184 views)

6. Speak to the desires of the heart (teach your children godly sexuality)


The second entry for an older post. I talk about how addressing the root desires can help our children's behaviour. (185 views)

5.   Why is God expressed as principally masculine (godly sexuality)


There is much pressure on the church to change the image of God. This post builds on our understanding of what masculine and feminine mean and therefore why God is expressed as principally masculine and we are feminine in relation to Him, even though both male and female are in His image. (331 views)

4. How to stop looking at women lustfully part 2 (godly desire)


A follow up to my original post (and number 2 on this list), this one talks about how viewing women as mothers, sisters and daughters in Christ can transform relationships and put to death lust. (376 views)

3. Hugh Hefner I'm sorry for what we did (godly sexuality)


A topical post exploring how Hugh Hefner's religious upbringing affected his sexuality and how we can learn from our mistakes. (1,414 views)


2. How to stop looking at women lustfully (godly desire)


The third entry from a previous year that is picking up a lot of organic traffic.  In this vulnerable post I share the difference between worldly solutions to lust with a godly approach which has helped me. (1,672 views)

1. Forbidden friendships - can men and women be friends (godly sexuality)


A guest post from Joshua D Jones on the need to develop godly friendships across the gender divide to experience the fullness of Christ's body. (2,783 views)


Honourable mentions

  • The fourth older post (and last year's top post) that is still receiving a lot of organic traffic is this one on recognising how bad behaviour is often an immature gifting that needs to be directed to its true purpose (112 views). 
Four posts from 2017 that got bumped off this list due to traffic to older posts were:

No comments:

Post a Comment